Things you won't find in Connecticut

Things you won't find CT



20% off at Mardel
Pei Wei
4" of snow=2 snow days





Monday, January 24, 2011

Footprints of Friendships

There is a picture that hangs on the wall in our hallway.

Some People come into our lives and quickly go. 
Some stay for a while,
leave footprints on our hearts
and we are never; ever the same.

It was given to me by Jennifer several years ago.  It has become an important piece of our home.  Not because it a beautiful work of art, rather, it represents a beautiful work of art - friendship.;

I am melancholy this morning.  I need to redefine friendship in my life.  I am looking for my friends, my colleagues, those who know and love me and will accept me just as I am - with my faults and failures, with my oddities and idiocrasies - with my moodiness, guilt, and joy.  I want to eat lunch with someone today who understands me.  Someone who I don't have to pretend with - not that I pretend, I am who I am - you know what I mean?

I want to share an inside joke, a laugh with someone today.  I want to sit around morning prayer with a smile and piece of information that I know will bring encouragement and joy. 

I'm tired of feeling alone in a crowd.

Remember me today, my friend.  Think of me.

As I look for you today, I know I will only find footprints.  You are not here.  You have, however, left these footprints on my heart as a memory and reminder of yourself.  My friends, I miss you today, and I look forward to...

It will never be the same, will it?

1 comment:

  1. at risk of being harsh....there is far more excitement in comtemplating ENEMIES...thats one thing I (sometimes) like about KING DAVID (Psalm 55)..don't get me wrong...I have had more than my share of melancholy moments and like any true romantic I too search for THE GOLDEN FLEECE !!
    THE REALITY: Proverbs 17:17...Love at ALL times!!!?...extremely rare if not impossible...among us 'mere mortal'...!!...the "BUT GOD" in the bible are a good study for times like these (http://bible.cc/search.php?q=but+god)
    ANOTHER INTERESTING STUDY IN FRIENDSHIP is the book of Job...I hope I will fare better than Eliphaz the Temanite.

    ReplyDelete