Things you won't find in Connecticut

Things you won't find CT



20% off at Mardel
Pei Wei
4" of snow=2 snow days





Friday, January 14, 2011

Homecoming

Tonight was homecoming at ETS.  As I stood there (standing room only!) and watched the students who had been chosen to the Spirit Court, my heart swelled with pride.  You would think that I was a parent of one of the students, but I'm not.  I don't think I can fully understand why I was proud.  Maybe, as I listened to the explanation of the qualification required for the students to be elected to Spirit Court, I realize how significant it was to me.  To know these students and to see them represent the student body was an exciting event.

I so appreciate ETS and the quality of academics and spiritual development that it represents.  Does anyone else see that?  Not only do I have the privilege of working there, I am also a parent.  It has been a journey for my family, but to now have the opportunity to celebrate and participate in this event made me realize the importance and significance of a Christian high school.

So, to the students of the 2011 Spirit Court, thank you.  Thank you for representing ETS; thank you for representing our Savior.  And, thank you for representing your families in such a remarkable way.

I am proud of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment