Things you won't find in Connecticut

Things you won't find CT



20% off at Mardel
Pei Wei
4" of snow=2 snow days





Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Yes, in Him!

Today’s devotional is a discussion about the fact that sometimes, certain foods can become addictive, that we replace the Comforter with foods in our lives to comfort us.  I’m not sure that I can fully relate to this.  There are some foods that I’m fasting from that I am missing (i.e. sweets!), but I have begun to substitute that with dried and fresh fruits.  I’ve thought about a nice juicy hamburger, but I haven’t really “missed” it.  I do miss a hot cooked meal. 
However, the following verses did capture my attention:  But as God is faithful, our word to you is not yes and no.  For the Son of God, Christ Jesus, who was preached among you by us--by me and Silvanus and Timothy--was not yes and no, but is yes in Him.  For as many as are the promises of God, in Him they are yes; therefore also through Him is our Amen to the glory of God through us.  (II Corinthians 1:18-20, NASB, empahsis mine)
Paul is explaining why he didn’t, after indicated that he would, journey back to Corinth.  It seems that his following of the Holy Spirit moved him in another direction.  As I reflect upon this, I am poignantly aware that God moves us according to His will.  How often do we make plans, good plans, that God, through circumstances and events, thwarts?   Often, I say!  I continue to refer to where I was last year at this time.  I had no idea that I would be spending the winter in a rented house in Tulsa, Oklahoma.  At this time last year, I wouldn’t have fathomed the idea of moving, especially into the circumstances that I now find myself.  When God decides, God decides.  It is comforting to know that, no matter what my situation or present circumstances, I am resting in His will.  I pray that I will always be able to say, "yes in Him."
I am sensing a renewal, a quickening if you will, of the Holy Spirit in my life.   I don’t know exactly what He is about to do.  However, I do know that He is about to do.  I am preparing for a miracle!  It’s kind of funny, sitting here writing this.  I’ve heard people say things like that before regarding what God is doing in their lives.  I won’t say that I didn’t believe them, but I just –maybe-ignored or dealt with it cavalierly.  However, now I am in that position.  I don’t know which is more exciting, the miracle or the anticipation!
Lord, I believe.  Help my unbelief. 

1 comment:

  1. This is so exciting! I can't wait to see what more God has in store for you guys. :)

    ReplyDelete