Things you won't find in Connecticut

Things you won't find CT



20% off at Mardel
Pei Wei
4" of snow=2 snow days





Saturday, January 1, 2011

Fallen to Grace

Twelve years ago, on January 1st, my family and I determined that we were not going to allow ourselves to continue to live under the authoritarian rule of a Bible-based cult any longer.  For those of you who have experienced what I'm talking about, you understand the freedom that true Christianity can bring.  The past twelve years have not been without heartbreak and struggles; however, they have been full of the compassion and grace of a loving God.  I am so thankful that He brought me to the point of true surrender to Him.  He lead us out of the East Hartford cult and into the freedom that Truth brings.

When we left, there were those who said some very hurtful things about me.  For those who know and care about me, I haven't missed one day of serving my Savior.  I have accomplished some very real personal and professional goals.  I am enjoying the fullness of the Holy Spirit and using my talent in the service of my King.  While some might say I feel from grace, I say I fell into grace.

Sure, I had experienced the saving grace of Jesus as a child; however, the grace that I have enjoyed the past twelve years has been indescribable.  I cannot imagine where we would be had we stayed under the spiritual dictatorship of that cult.

I determined, years ago, not to live in the past.  This day is significant however.  Twelve years ago, New Year's Day was on Saturday, just as it is this year.  It was the first Saturday that we enjoyed one another as a family without having our day filled with meetings, bus visitation, and choir practice from 7:00am-5:00pm.  I will never take another Saturday for granted!

For those who have been freed, rejoice in the freedom and continue to pray for those still in bondage.  Tomorrow is Sunday, and I will be attending church with my family.  I will play the keyboard in the praise band and experience full worship; my wife and daughter will teach a preschool Sunday school class.  We will hear an encouragingly challenging message preached by a man of God who acknowledges and practices the fullness of the gifts of the Holy Spirit.  I will bless and be blessed.  We will participate in Communion.  We will fellowship.I will celebrate my Savior, my church, my family, and my freedom.  I will be thankful for the past and look forward to the future with expectant anticipation knowing that He has my future in Hands.

3 comments:

  1. Praising God for courage in the midst of insanity and sin. It sounds like you have fallen right into the blessings of God!
    Happy New Year- a year filled with glorifying God and enjoying Him forever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am convinced that this year will bring God's abundance. I am committed to doing my part. The first day of 2011, I begin a 21 day fast to usher in the NEW year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Malcolm ~ This post is so JOYOUS! Blessings, friend. :)

    ReplyDelete