Things you won't find in Connecticut

Things you won't find CT



20% off at Mardel
Pei Wei
4" of snow=2 snow days





Friday, January 14, 2011

Reunited

As I write, Alex and Jeremy are preparing to take off from Bradley Field to fly "home".  Interesting, saying home.  They have never lived here.  But, it is where we are!  We are all excited to be able to see them again.  It has only been six months, but I wonder how they have changed?  I wonder how we have changed?  

Here is an old Easter picture.  Isn't it funny?  This is how I remember them.  Look at those smiles!


Tonight is homecoming at ETS as well.  Interesting correlation.  Homecoming...homecoming...It seems that "homecoming" can mean different things.  It could mean alumni returning to the alma mater to participate, as the audience, in their school's vicorious (hopefully!) basketball game.  It could mean two brothers flying half way across the country to their "home" to see their parents and other siblings.  What doesn homecoming mean to you?

This is the last "family picture" that I remember taking.  It was taken on Christmas, 2009.  Who would have thought that Christmas, 2010 would be so different.  That, even if we all wanted a family photo, we couldn't shoot one.  You can bet I'm going to have my camera out this weekend! 

1 comment:

  1. When I think of home, I think of the mountains of southwest Virginia, the ones that stretch into Kentucky, Tennessee, North Carolina, West Virginia. The ones that surrounded me from the day I was born till I fled after college. Now I'd give my eye teeth to go back.

    I'm so excited for your family to be together again. I pray God's blessings on their homecoming, that they'll feel your new place as home for them, too.

    ReplyDelete