Things you won't find in Connecticut

Things you won't find CT



20% off at Mardel
Pei Wei
4" of snow=2 snow days





Sunday, February 13, 2011

Country Sky

What is it about an unadulterated, clear evening sky?  I came home this evening around 7:30.  Be glad you weren't in the car with me on the way home.  The tunes expanded from Celtic Women's "Over the Rainbow" to Barry Manilow's "Daybreak" all the way to Lynda Randall's "The God on the Mountain".  Don't try to profile me based on my playlist!

I opened the car door and looked up at the night sky.  Wow!  We are surrounded by trees here.  The branches perfectly framed the big dipper and a handful of other constellations that I never took the time to memorize. 

Honestly, there isn't a more beautiful sense of peace and simple purity that an evening sky that is far away from the city lights.  Uncapturable, maybe that is why it is so special.  I always imagine my friends and families across the continent who are looking at the same stars and moon as I am 1000's of miles away.  Powerful, isn't it!


No comments:

Post a Comment