Things you won't find in Connecticut

Things you won't find CT



20% off at Mardel
Pei Wei
4" of snow=2 snow days





Sunday, December 18, 2011

There’s no place like home for the holidays…

Home.  It’s the place we always refer to during this time of year.  It’s the place that we find our security and our sense of being.

What happens, when home isn’t home?  Somehow, after moving across the country two years ago, my perception of home during the holidays has changing.  Sure we’ve made some good friends here, but would they be offended if I said that I am struggling?  Yeah, we’ve invited some friends over later this week to help us celebrate the season, but it isn’t the same.  They are nice people, don't get me wrong.  But, there's a history we just don't share -- yet.

Let me just go on the record and say, I’m missing my friends.  I’m not sure what is bringing on this feeling, but I wish for just one evening, we could all get together, exchange two years worth of gifts, eat chocolate covered pretzels, and have a cup of nog.   

As I continue through this season, making new memories, I'm going to think of you-my friends across the river (the Mississippi)-and miss you.

I hope your Christmas experience is all that you dream of, as I dream of...
home.


2 comments:

  1. missing you too -looking towards heaven when the celebrations will never end and tears will all be wiped away. -Dee

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's not easy moving away from home. Not the first time. Not the fourth time. Praying for peace as you settle in. I'm so happy that you have your whole family together this Christmas. I'll toast a nog to y'all when I get past the calorie count. :)

    ReplyDelete