Things you won't find in Connecticut

Things you won't find CT



20% off at Mardel
Pei Wei
4" of snow=2 snow days





Tuesday, August 23, 2011

The Lord IS my shepherd

Okay, so I decided - a few weeks ago - to read through Ezekiel during my morning devotion times.  Wow!  I didn't see all that judgement and destruction coming!  However, God has given me some great nuggets through this journey.

Today, Chapter 34 was definitely a mother lode. 

You know, there are times when I feel like the church experiences I've had have totally beaten me down.  I get it.  I know that God uses all of those experiencing to form me into the man He desires.  And for that, I am thankful.

After reading chapter 34, my mind quickly races to those "sheep" who've lost their way.  They are wondering through the wilderness, hurt and maimed by their former shepherd.  To know that God is "searching for His sheep and seeking them out," (verse 11) creates such a wonder and awe for this Master Shepherd. 

If you are still experiencing the life of a scattered sheep, stop. 
He is calling for you. 
Run to Him.

Verse 25, "I will make a covenant of peace with them and eliminate harmful beasts from the land so that they may live securely in the wilderness and sleep in the woods."

Verse 31, "As for you, My sheep, the sheep of My pasture, you are men, and I am your God," declares the Lord God.

It makes that 23rd Psalm - oh, so much more powerful, doesn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment