Things you won't find in Connecticut

Things you won't find CT



20% off at Mardel
Pei Wei
4" of snow=2 snow days





Friday, December 24, 2010

Christmas Eve

Well, it is our first Christmas Eve in Oklahoma.  I'm not sure what I expected.  I guess I didn't spead a lot of time thinking about it.  Maybe, I just thought it would all somehow work itself out. 

Jon did a good job trying to keep things "jolly".  Adam is still struggling with begin in Oklahoma.  He insists that he hates me.  This is a daily thing.  It is a good thing that I'm secure in myself.  Otherwise, suicide would be an option.

Alyssa just seems to enjoy everything. 

It was actually a pretty quiet evening, a bit surreal, a bit melancholy. 

So, what is Christmas anyway?  I guess its hard for me to define what "home" is.  Maybe because we moved around a bit while I was growing up.  With each new location, there was a new Christmas to celebrate.  Maybe it became a part of who I am.  Maybe I need to move to keep life interesting.  I think Christmas needs to be in our hearts.  Does it really matter where we are or who we're with?  I think not.  The reality of life doesn't always look like a Hallmark movie.  Maybe it isn't predictable.

What is family?  My kids don't even know what Christmas is like from my families perspective.  And, they won't get a good picture of that tomorrow either.  I hope they can get past themselves and try to embrace where and what they are.

I miss Jeremy and Alex.  It was good talking to Jeremy.  From what I understand, they have been forced to do a little growing up.

Christmas tomorrow...

1 comment:

  1. count it all joy! not that Hallmark kinda thing but that really good deep joy that can't be stolen, that makes you able to smile even through the heaviest tears. Our Savior comes in poverty that we may become rich! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete